Helping You Understand Whooo’s Reading Requirements
- Students should begin logging reading minutes in Whooo’s Reading this week and do so for the remainder of the year. (Passwords will be sent home Monday.)
- Students should complete their first quiz for a completed book in Whooo’s Reading by Friday. (Due dates for this quarter’s quizzes are in the right-hand sidebar of this blog.)
- Please download the information letter here about Whooo’s Reading. Talk with your child about the requirements. Have you turned in the signature page?
Other Things to Double-Check
- Have you joined Bloomz yet?
- Have you completed the parent survey?
- Last week, we sent home a sheet with the links and login information. Here is a copy: Join Us
This Week in ELA
- We will have completed several entries in our “Lit Logs” by Monday. Students will have information in charts about the three types of writing for this year (narrative, informative, argumentative), and an annotation chart.
- Students will read three articles this week. One allows them to practice annotation with symbols; the other two will be the basis of an argumentative essay (to be written in class and completed by Wednesday or possibly Thursday). Students will work on their essay in Canvas (so absent students can work on this at home).
- We will begin our culture kick-off with an interesting slide show that sparks deep conversations about cultural similarities and differences around the world.
- Students will complete Short Writes on SeeSaw every day. If you haven’t created a parent account yet, please do so that you can see their work.
SeeSaw Account Creation
This year we are using Seesaw to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. I’ll also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. Seesaw is private; you’ll only see posts created by your child.
Please Sign Up Now :
–Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/248-155-172
–Choose your child from the list
–Create your account
–Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
Thank you for supporting your child’s learning!
P.S. If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the ‘Sign in’ tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.