What to expect in the first few weeks of quarter 4:
- TCap practice tests happen the first week back.
- Easy CBMs will be given one more time this year to record your child’s reading progress.
- Computer usage is being scaled back school wide per the administrators’ directive. In the classroom, this means we will begin a station rotation model of learning. CANVAS learning on the computer will happen at one of six stations. The other stations will focus on grammar, writing, in-depth analysis and discussion of 6th grade ELA standards, vocabulary study, and book club.
- IR Tests will occur in a book-club format for the last quarter. More info to come!
- We finish “The War That Saved My Life” and begin a new novel, “I Beat the Odds.”
Middle School is just around the bend! How can we best prepare your child? Here are some tips:
- What you do today affects you tomorrow.
- Easy happens through hard work and learning. So work hard.
- Meet deadlines.
- Be kind.
- Show respect to those helping you along your journey.