- Students should be finished their IR Fiction book by Friday. This will give them the weekend and next week to complete their IR Tests, which are due Nov. 3rd.
- We will continue to review IR Test questions in class.
- Students are working on essays still this week. It’s a worthwhile but long process. Good for them! They’re budding writers!
- I will be attending a training Tuesday, so students will have a substitute teacher during Blocks 2 & 3. They will be learning about citing text evidence through examples, stories, and a cut-and-paste activity.
- Wednesday, we will be having Writer’s Cafe. I am serving fall cookies and apple cider. Students will work quietly the whole class period, using tools we’ve been gathering, reviewing, and practicing for the last couple of weeks.
Whole-school laptop roll out for 1:1 computing! I’m so happy this opportunity is coming our way. I pioneered blended learning in my former school district, which included integrating technology in meaningful ways. Your students will benefit from the opportunities a 1:1 learning system brings.